Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Apply To Be a Tutor
Applying to the Writing Center?
Please complete the application and email it to both Natasha Sligar at email@example.com and Ian Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying to tutor Math or Science?
Please complete the application and email it to Alice Giagou at email@example.com.
Use the forms below to apply to be either a General Tutor or an Embedded Tutor.
Questions? Call: 209-575-6346
General Tutoring Application
Read the job description, complete the application, and have your instructor complete the attached Faculty Recommendation Form.
Embedded Tutor Application
Read the job description, complete the form, and have your instructor complete the attached Faculty Recommendation Form.
- Students who have earned a high B or A and have been recommended by their instructors for classes they tutor
- Role models who help students understand course content, go over homework exercises, and prepare for tests and assignments
- Students too, so they have flexible schedules to accommodate our students' needs
What Tutors Don't Do
- Students' homework
- Give the answers to problems without helping students discover them
- Hold tutoring sessions outside the L & LC
- Hold tutoring sessions for specific faculty members