Meet with a Tutor
Students are welcome to make an appointment or drop-in to see a tutor.
Call or visit the Library & Learning Centers to schedule your appointment or drop in to see if a tutor is available.
East Campus (L&LC East)
West Campus (Yosemite 235)
There's no need for you to struggle on your own. Join us for one of our hands-on workshops. No need to sign up. Just show up at the time and location shown for the event and we'll work together.
Meet Our Tutors
- Here to help you be successful in your classes
- Students who have earned a high B or A and have been recommended by their instructors for classes they tutor
- Role models who help students understand course content, go over homework exercises, and prepare for tests and assignments
- Students too, so they have flexible schedules to accommodate your needs
What Tutors Don't Do
- Students' homework
- Give the answers to problems without helping students discover them
- Hold tutoring sessions outside the L & LC
- Hold tutoring sessions for specific faculty members
Become a Tutor
If you're interested in becoming a tutor, please print and complete the application below:
The Library & Learning Center works closely with many divisions and departments in the college through these faculty members:
|Business, Behavioral & Social Sciences||Eileen Kerr|
|First Year Experience||Elizabeth David|
|Literature & Language Arts||Bruce Anders|
|Physical Education||Sam Young|
Problem Solving Seminar
For those who want to strengthen their creativity and problem solving skills, who enjoy puzzles and who would like to see a different side of mathematics. This seminar is appropriate for students at or above the Math 90 (Algebra II) level.
See the full seminar schedule on the Workshops & Events calendar.