The library accepts selected donations of books and other materials that meet the library's materials selection criteria. The library generally does not accept donations of outdated or damaged materials, magazines & journals, or textbooks (except those placed on Course Reserves). All donated materials are reviewed by the Collection Development Librarian. Materials not added to the collection may be sold, donated, or recycled.
Even though the library does not provide tax donation letters or appraisals of value we do have a gift receipt form that donors can complete when they bring in their donations.
Before bringing your donations to the library please call 209-575-6235.
Become a Friend of the Library
The Friends of the MJC Library is a support group that focuses attention on the needs of the library, promotes its usefulness, and generates funding for library materials, equipment, or services. You can join the Friends at either an annual or lifetime membership class level. Your donation is tax-deductible.
As a Friend of the Library you will be able to:
- Borrow up to five items from the library’s collection
- Utilize the intercampus loan program between both campuses and Columbia College
- Utilize interlibrary loan services at lifetime membership class levels
- Benefit from the services of the reference librarians
- Access all our electronic resources while visiting the library, including over 50 subscription databases and 14,000 online books
- Use the MJC wireless Internet connection if you bring a laptop computer with a wireless connection to the library
- Know the satisfaction of investing in the MJC Library while serving the college and community
Become a Friend now! Simply print, complete, and return the form below.
Contribute Through the MJC Foundation
MJC faculty & staff can designate a portion or all of their MJC Foundation contribution to go to the Friends of the MJC Library.
It's simple...just call 209-575-6619 to arrange this easy way to support your library, the college, and the community.