Borrow Library Materials
You can check out books from the library's General Collection for three weeks. After that you can renew books up to two times, so theoretically you could check the same book out for nine weeks.
Your MJC ID is your library card. To check out materials you'll need to have either your MJC ID, state driver's license, or other state-issued identification. If you don't have your MJC ID we'll need for you to give us your W number in addition to presenting your alternate identification card.
You can get your free MJC ID card from the Student Development and Campus Life office. Click here for more details on obtaining your MJC ID card.
To get started finding books to use for your research click here.
Renew Library Materials
If you do not return or renew your materials by their due dates, you will be charged a fine for every day that each item is late. To avoid fines if you are not finished with your materials, renew them in person or online. Here's how to renew them online if they are not already overdue.
- From the library home page, click the Renew Books link listed under Manage Your Account
- To log in: In the User ID box, type your MJC ID without the W
- In the Password box, type your current password (the default is changeme) and press Enter
- Click Renew Items to see what you have checked out
- Select either Select Items to Renew or Renew All
- If you are renewing selected items, click the check box by each item to be renewed
- Click Renew Selected Items to renew your materials, or Clear Selections to start over